Thursday, September 6, 2007

A public letter to Quechup

I have canceled my account with Quechup. The cancellation process gave one the opportunity to give a reason. I reproduce my response below as an open letter to the Quechup operators.

----------

I heard of outrageous and unacceptable behavior of your site/software re: spamming. I have read many reports of your software spamming every person in one's mailbox without first requesting permission!

I trusted your site with my Gmail password and elected not to email any of my contacts. I will be most annoyed if you spam them after I resign (as I have heard has happened to others)

I have blogged about this unacceptable behavior and advised everyone to stay away from your site. You have made a lot of people out here very angry with you. I suggest immediate cessation of the spamming and a public apology. Do not underestimate the power of the blogosphere to negatively or indeed positively impact your business!

You claim to be a social network is in my opinion rather unbelievable too. In my opinion you are a front for the iDate dating outfit!

Alek Lotoczko
lotocz@gmail.com

No comments: